Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mr. LaPierre's Neighborhood Welcome Packet


I turned the TV off and sat on the end of the bed.  Mr. LaPierre’s Neighborhood?  Really?  I know my GPS had gone on the fritz, but this was just – strange.   

I heard a tap on the motel room door. 

Some guy who looked like Mr. McFeeley from the Mr. Roger’s show was in the hallway.  I was getting kinda spooked so I didn’t let him in.

“Whaddya want?”

“Just delivering a little “welcome to town” package for yeu”,  he said, I assume used to not being let in people’s rooms.  “Whether ya stay er not, yeu can have it as a gift.  G’day to yeu…”.  He slipped it under the door.

The package said “Welcome to Mr. LaPierre’s Neighborhood” on the front.  There were some old C Rations in it, a little pack of 4 cigarettes, half a dozen AR-15 rounds and a little kid’s CD.


It’s always something…

No comments:

Post a Comment