Thursday, March 14, 2013

Jordy



On my way down to Ruth Applebottom’s restaurant (apparently, Ruth is the sister-in-law of Mrs. Applebottom, the school teacher) I encountered an unpleasant young man.

His name was Jordy and he was in the process of looting a game store that had been vandalized the night before at the swim team riots.  After I calmed him down, convincing him I was not there to get in his way he did tell me his name.  I asked him why he wasn’t in school. “Here in Mr. LaPierre’s Neighborhood education is scoffed at and discouraged.  The only things we need to know’s what Mr. LP and the NRA tells us.”  Jordy said.

How true, I thought.  The dumbing down of America is well underway.  I thought about Salina, Kansas and could see a ray of truth here. 

It’s always something…

No comments:

Post a Comment